Kent County Arts and Entertainment - December 2014
Kent County has been recognized by the Maryland State Arts Council
as one of the significant arts communities in the state. With
this in mind, we have designed the Arts & Entertainment site
to provide you with information on what the county has to offer
in relation to its arts, entertainment, and
cultural heritage. Hopefully, this will help you plan a fun-filled
stay, enabling you to take full advantage of places to go and
people to see. For more information, call the Kent County Tourism
Development Office at 410-778-0416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other events throughout the county, please click here.
Click here to add, modify
or delete an event.
- Live Playwrights' Society
Monday, December 1
- Location: Garfield Center for the Arts at Prince Theatre 210 High St, Chestertown
- Contact: Lucia Foster
- Phone: 410-810-2060
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: www.garfieldcenter.org
- The Live Playwrights' Society for Play Writers, Readers, Observers & Critics aims to foster a community of playwrights, actors and critics. This group meets the first Monday of every month at 7:30pm and is open to all ages. (Free!) New plays are read and critiqued each month!
- Chestertown's 1st Fridays
Friday, December 5
- Location: Downtown Chestertown
- URL: www.kentcounty.com/artsentertainment
- Meander the red-brick, tree-lined sidewalks of Historic Chestertown, while enjoying extended shop hours and arts and entertainment throughout Downtown. Luminary bags are being decorated by local school children. Kristen Owen will need assistance in placing and collecting bags around town on Friday.
Santa will stroll around town and visit stores. Kent School students will be caroling. For a list of activities, please check this calendar for specific listings.
- Colonial Chestertown's Holiday House Tour
Saturday, December 6
- Location: Emmanuel Church, 101 N. Cross Street, Chestertown
- Contact: Deeann Jones
- Phone: 410-810-3990
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step back in time for the day and come to beautiful and historic Chestertown to experience the holiday season in true colonial style. On this self-paced tour, docents will guide you through several of Chestertown's most historic and significant buildings decorated in their holiday best. Tickets are available online or order by mail. Send a check and ticket request information to : 2013 Holiday House Tour, P.O. Box 771, Chestertown, MD. 21620.
- 31st Festival of Trees
Saturday, December 6
- This event runs December 06 – 07
- Location: The Weinberg Building at The Kent Center
- Contact: Annie Stewart
- Phone: 410-474-9680
- Email: email@example.com
- The members of Soroptimist International of Kent County, MD, are pleased to bring back to the community the Festival of Trees. Visitors will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite tree. Santa will be there--so bring your camera. Free admission and handicapped accessible free parking. Contact Annie Stewart at 410-474-9680 or firstname.lastname@example.org if your organization would like to display a tree. Sunday Hours 10am–3pm