Kent County Arts and Entertainment - March 2015
Kent County has been recognized by the Maryland State Arts Council
as one of the significant arts communities in the state. With
this in mind, we have designed the Arts & Entertainment site
to provide you with information on what the county has to offer
in relation to its arts, entertainment, and
cultural heritage. Hopefully, this will help you plan a fun-filled
stay, enabling you to take full advantage of places to go and
people to see. For more information, call the Kent County Tourism
Development Office at 410-778-0416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other events throughout the county, please click here.
Click here to add, modify
or delete an event.
- Chestertown's 1st Fridays
Friday, March 6
- Location: Downtown Chestertown
- URL: www.kentcounty.com/artsentertainment
- Meander the red-brick, tree-lined sidewalks of Historic Chestertown, while enjoying extended shop hours and arts and entertainment throughout Downtown. For a list of activities, please check this calendar for specific listings.
- Free Holiday Band Concert by the Eastern Shore Wind Ensemble
Sunday, March 15
| 4:00 p.m.
- Location: Emmanuel Church, Cross & High Streets, Chestertown
- Phone: 410-778-2829
- Directed by Dr. Keith Wharton, the ESWE is the all-ages community concert band based in Chestertown. This is the third of the band's four concerts during its annual Sept.-May season; please check closer to the concert date for details about the nature of the program. The band welcomes new members at any time, without audition or fee. The last concert of the season will be on May 17, 2015. The band is partially supported by the Kent Co. Arts Council.
- WC Concert Series - Afro Bop Alliance
Saturday, March 28
- Location: Gibson Center for the Arts–Washington College
- Contact: Ken Schweitzer
- Phone: 410-778-7836
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: www.concertseries.washcoll.edu
- As part of 2014-2015 Premier Artist lineup, The Washington College Concert Series presents Afro Bop Alliance. An energetic septet specializing in contemporary approaches to the rhythms of Latin American music with a strong jazz emphasis, the Afro Bop Alliance won a Latin Grammy Award in 2008 for their release with Vibraphonist Dave Samuels. Individual tickets are $20 (adults) and $15 (seniors). Children 12 and under are free. Season tickets are also available.
- Country Crafts Guild Spring Arts & Crafts Show
Saturday, March 28
- Location: Rock Hall Fire House
- Contact: Kathy Redman
- Phone: 410-778-1432
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.countrycraftsguild.com
- Handmade arts and crafts by juried guild members including photography, pottery, soaps, lotions, recycled wood, folk art, knitting, paper crafts, beach glass jewelry, embroidery, PVC birds, miniature house plaques, decorative gourds, flowers, crochet accessories, jewelry, childrens clothing and sewn items.