For a diagram of the Park, click here.
This 5 acre landscaped, family oriented waterfront
park is the largest of two public beaches in the county on
the Chesapeake Bay. (The other is in Rock Hall). The exceptional
sandy beach has 300 feet of frontage for swimming and 700
feet of shoreline access.
equipped with a bathhouse with public restrooms and 500 feet of
boardwalk, with benches, lighting and handicap access. A picnic
pavilion is located on a bayview bluff. There is a fishing jetty with a
surface walk, a public pier and improved parking areas. Boating is
available from a public landing and pier.
The park is located near the mouth of the Sassafras River
at the northwest part of the county, where fresh water currents
lower the salinity of the upper Chesapeake and free Betterton's
waters of sea nettles, which in late June or July often interrupt
swimming lower down in the Bay.
How to Get There?
What are the Regulations?
- Lifeguards and park personnel have full authority in the park.
- No pets permitted on public bathing beach year round.
- No alcoholic beverages permitted in the park without a permit.
- No glass containers permitted on the beach.
- No jumping or swimming from the jetty or pier.
- Swim in designated swim areas only.
- No fires permitted in the park.
- Cooking grills permitted in the pavilion area only.
- Keep the beach clean - deposit trash in proper containers.
- Park in designated parking areas only.
- Beach and pavilion closed from dusk to dawn.
- Parking lot and public landing closed 10:00 p.m. until 5:00a.m.
- Skateboards, roller skates/blades, and bicycles prohibited on
boardwalk and picnic pavilion.
- If lifeguards are not on duty, SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Lifeguards on duty Saturdays and Sundays, 10:00 a.m. until 6:00
p.m., Memorial Day through Labor Day.
CALL 410-778-1957 FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.