Marty Holden, Deputy Director
PH: 410-778-7439 | FAX: 410-778-7424 | Email: email@example.com
709 Morgnec Road, Suite 104, Chestertown MD 21620
Cost Of Annual Boat Trailer Permits
Resident - $25.00 (Application Form)
Non-Resident - $60.00 (Application Form)
Three Day Trailer Permit - $30.00 (Application Form)
Send completed application and payment to:
Kent County Public Works
709 Morgnec Rd. Chestertown, MD 21620
Pursuant to bill no. 4-80 enacted into law on july 1, 1980, by the Kent County Commissioners, effective January 1, 1981, an annual permit will be required for all vehicle trailers using the public landings in Kent County.
1.All trailers using the Kent County public landings must have a current sticker located on the trailer tongue, one foot from the hitch on the left side (driver's side). Kent County will not replace lost or damaged trailer permit stickers. A replacement sticker must be purchased and displayed on the trailer.
2. When purchasing a trailer permit, applicant must provide driver's license, trailer tag registration and vessel registration, and if out-of-state resident but own property in Kent County, must provide proof of ownership (such as property tax bill, receipt or deed).
3. Park in designated areas only.
4. No admittance between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.
5. No camping, campers, or open fires.
6. Do not block ramps.
7. Do not dock in posted areas.
8. No person shall leave equipment or boats on a landing for more than fifteen (15) days.
9. No sunken vessel shall remain for more than five (5) days.
10. Violators of any regulation shall be fined
$100.all fines and fees will be used for upkeep and maintenance
of the public landings.
Three day permits are available for 3 consecutive days only. The cost is $30 each. They may be obtained from the vendors listed below.
Resident permits (Maryland
residents, Kent County, Maryland property owners, and/or persons
who have their vessels registered in Maryland) may be obtained
from the following vendors.
Maps are available at these vendors.
|Permit Sales Locations|
Request for Use:
Civic Organizations, Towns and other agencies may request to reserve part of a public landing for specific activities. Click here for form. Email request form to firstname.lastname@example.org.