Kent County Government – Detention Center
104 Vickers Drive–Unit A
Chestertown, MD 21620
Herbert Dennis, Warden
The mission of the Kent County Detention Center is to promote professionalism through training. The training will help promote unity, fellowship, good will amongst those who serve within the criminal justice system and to address relevant jail issues. The Kent County Detention Center will continually strive to promote a positive image of the professional and ethical behavior to the community and the citizenry it serves.
Herbert Dennis - Warden
Ernest L. Wicks - Lieutenant, Chief of Security
Bonnie S. Pearsall - Sergeant, Supervisor of Home Detention, Work Release & Community Assistance Program (CAP)
Colleen R. Thompson - Corporal, SOP, Programs
Patricia Williams Scott - Office Manager
Agency Phone Number
(410)-778-6025 – We have an automated telephone system. Please follow the prompts and menus to obtain the information you require.
Inmate / Family Services
Mail – Inmates may send and receive unlimited mail provided they comply with U.S. Postal Service Regulations as well as the regulations listed below:
- All Mail MUST have the full name and address of sender
- All mail should be addressed as follows:
Kent County Detention Center
Attention: Inmate Name
104 Vickers Drive–Unit A
Chestertown, MD 21260
- No oversized postcards/greeting cards or perfumed letters will be accepted
- Polaroids and photographs larger than 4x6 will NOT be accepted
- An inmate is only allowed to have a maximum of 4 photos per envelope
- Books and magazines MUST come directly from the publisher with content appropriate in the correctional environment
- All correspondence with the exception of legal mail will be opened and inspected for contraband before delivery–legal mail will be opened by the Inmate in the presence of an officer
Money – Money for inmates will be accepted in the following ways:
- U.S. Mail in the form of a money order
money orders are to felled in completely and written to the inmate
- Online or by phone: GovPayNow.com or 1-888-277-2535
You will need:
Inmate Name and Number
Location code #5500
- In person utilizing the Lobby Kiosk (cash or credit card) – A driver’s license of state ID are required
Telephone (Inmate Telephone System—I.C. Solutions)
- Prepaid Services – 1-888-506-8407
- Phone Billing Services – 1-800-736-7500
All visitors must be 18 or older and provide an official picture ID. Visiting hours are as follows:
- Federal inmates and those housed in work release units – Max of 1 hour visit
Saturdays 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Female Inmate’s visitation is on Saturday 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. and Sunday 8:30 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. max of ½ hour visit (per day)
- All other inmates– max of ½ hour visit (per day)
Wednesdays 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Sundays 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Child visits are scheduled on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month – It is the responsibility of the inmate to sign up for a child visit. A LEGAL parent or guardian who is at least 21 must accompany the child.
Attorneys are allowed to visit with an appointment anytime except during mealtime and shift change and proper ID
Clergy and Professional Agency visitation is permitted with an appointment anytime except during mealtime and shift change, and proper ID is required