Kent County FAQs



Q. How to make payments?
A. For property taxes and or water bills, visit .
    To renew vehicle tags, visit or call toll-free 1-410-768-7000.

Q. How to obtain a permit?
A. For Planning and Zoning permits, visit
    For landing/trailer permits, visit

Q. How to get information about transfer stations (dump)?
A. For locations, hours, costs, and accepted items, please visit

Q. How do I get a Protective Order, Peace Order, or post bail for someone?
A. Please call the District Court at 410-810-3360 or visit

Q. How can I get assistance with food or utility bills?
A. Please visit the Kent County resource directory at or contact the Department of Social Services at 410-810-7600.

Q. How to report an issue such as downed trees or potholes?
A. Visit

Q. How to obtain a Disposal Permit?
A. Visit

Q. Where can I find information about County Boards and Committees?
A. To see a full list of Kent County Boards and Committees, meeting schedules, agendas, minutes, etc. start here
    The Committee Interest Form can be found here