|Jennifer A. Debnam 01/01/16||Vacant|
Article - Agriculture, Section 2.504.1 of the Annotated Code of Maryland
(a) Appointment - In each county containing productive agricultural land, the county governing body shall appoint an agricultural preservation advisory board.
(b) Composition - The agricultural preservation advisory board shall consist of five members, at least three of whom shall be owner-operators of commercial farms who earn 50 percent or more of their income from farming.
(c) Terms -
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, each member of an agricultural preservation advisory board shall be appointed for a term of office of five years.
(2) In Charles County, a member shall serve a term of office of 4 years.
(3) No member shall serve for more than two consecutive full terms.
(4) Appointment to fill a vacancy shall be for the remainder of the unexpired term.
(d) Duties - Duties of each agricultural preservation advisory board shall be:
(1) To advise the county governing body with respect to the establishment of agricultural districts and the approval of purchases of easements by the foundation within the county.
(2) To assist the county governing body in reviewing the status of agricultural districts and land under easement.
(3) To advise the Foundation concerning county priorities for agricultural preservation.
(4) To approve or disapprove an application by the county for certification under §5-408 of the State Finance and Procurement Article.
(5) To promote preservation of agricultural within the county by offering information and assistance to farmers with respect to establishment of districts and purchase of easements.
(6) To perform any other duties as assigned by the county governing body.
$30.00 Chairperson; $25.00 Members per meeting attended not to exceed twelve meetings per year.