Search for businesses or browse categories below
Cliffs Schoolhouse is the last remaining one-room schoolhouse in Kent County. It was erected in 1878 to serve a watermen's and farming community and was so used until 1939. The building has been preserved in its original condition and is well equipped with many of its original furnishings.
Restoration and preservation of the schoolhouse is a current project of the Port of Chester Questers, with assistance from the Retired Teachers Association and is overseen by Preservation Inc. The Port of Chester Questers and the Retired School Teachers are available to open the schoolhouse to visiting tour groups and school groups during the school year and for summer school programs. For information, or to make arrangements, call Mrs. Carol Cordes at 410 778-9173 or Mrs. Jean Foreman at 410 778-3098.