Upper Shore Workforce Investment Board Incumbent Worker Training Fund (IWT)
The Incumbent Worker Training Fund offers training support to businesses in Kent County with a plan or an interest in training their current working individuals. The applicants must not be contractual employees.
All trainings must result in a credential that confirms completion.
Expected outcomes must include at least one of the following:
- Improving alignment of existing workers’ skills with evolving job requirements
- Providing participants with access to new career opportunities within a business or industry
- Encouraging worker retention through the promotion of up-to-date skills training
- Increasing wages of incumbent participants
- Creating new opportunities for entry-level workers by providing opportunities for promotion of existing workforce
- Supporting and enhancing local and regional economic environment
Training Support is defined as expense for reimbursements for:
- Occupational classroom training and up-skilled certifications in a defined career pathway
- Work and learn strategies such as:
- Cross-training work assignments within the company
- In-house proprietary training using current employee trainers
- In-house proprietary training from outside vendors
- Outside training vendors performing training at locations outside the business
These may be combined to provide a specific learning goal that relates directly to the qualifications for a promoted job title and/or a defined career pathway within the company.
Training expenses will be a maximum of $5,000 per company, with a targeted training rate of $1,500 per individual, though the targeted rate per individual is negotiable.
All questions and/or program interest should be directed to Bob Zimberoff, Business Services Coordinator at email@example.com