Kent County Economic Development
"Kent County Economic Development supports existing and new businesses in growth and prosperity."
Refresh your life ... Reward your business.
- Approximately 75 driving miles from the Port of Baltimore
- Rural locale within 90 minutes of Philadelphia, Wilmington, Baltimore, and Washington D.C.
- Dedicated workforce with the rural work ethic of Kent County
- Workforce training and consulting programs through Washington and Chesapeake Colleges
- Well balanced public schools with career training and prestigious independent schools
- Competitively priced industrial and professional park property
- No County business personal property tax, makes a positive tax environment
- No County impact fees or excise taxes
- Agriculture - Bio/Medical partners welcome in Kent County, Maryland
The Greater Chestertown Initiative (GCI) facilitates the Open for Business in Chestertown program. Open for Business is designed to provide “kickstarter” funding for new or expanding businesses with the goal of filling empty storefronts in the downtown.
Open for Business invites entrepreneurs to submit requests for funding and through a juried process select those deemed most promising. Awards will be made in the form of matching funds and virtually interest-free loans.
Links of Interest
The Daily Record, Doing Business in Maryland, Outlook 2016
Business Pulse, is an online quarterly feature created by the CDC Foundation that offers businesses useful resources from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Explore benefits associated with CDC’s work to protect Americans—including businesses and their workforces—from chronic threats that impact health and productivity to major health emergencies. Learn more: www.cdcfoundation.org/businesspulse.
Learn about Kent County Public Schools and how they are moving ahead with modern technology!