Kent County Social Services Board
(Term 3 years - 9 members)
|Rosalie Kuechler 06/30/19|
|Karen Dionisio 6/30/18||Charlotte Potts 06/30/19|
|Beverly Birkmire 09/30/20||
William Washington, Vice-Chair 06/30/19
Dr. Kevin Karpowicz, Chair 6/30/19
|Shelly Neal-Edwards, Director, Social Services|
Olythea "Lee" Hunley 06/30/21
|Shelley L. Heller, Commissioner Representative|
|Tracey Williams 10/31/20||Patty Dahle, Social Serivces Liason|
Maryland Human Services Code.
(a) This section does not apply in Baltimore City.
(b) Each local department shall have a local board.
(c) A local board consists of at least 9 but no more than 13 members as provided by local law enacted by the local governing authority.
(d) (1) On July 1 of each year, each local governing authority shall designate one member of the local governing authority to serve as an ex officio member of the local board.
(2) (i) The other members of the local board shall be appointed by the local governing authority.
(ii) The local governing authority shall seek out and appoint individuals who:
1. have a high degree of interest, capacity, and objectivity; and
2. in the aggregate, give a countywide representative character to the local board.
(e) On July 1 of each year, each local board shall select a chairman.
(f) A member of a local board:
(1) may not receive compensation; but
(2) is entitled to reimbursement for expenses under the Standard State Travel Regulations, as provided in the State budget.
(g) (1) (i) 1. Except as provided in subsubparagraph 2 of this subparagraph, the term of an appointed member is 3 years.
2. In Charles County, the term of an appointed member is 4 years.
(ii) A term expires on June 30 of the year of expiration.
(iii) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed.
(iv) Once an appointed member of a local board serves two consecutive full terms, the member is ineligible for reappointment for a period of 1 year.
(2) If a vacancy occurs during the term of a member, the local governing authority shall appoint or designate a successor to serve for the remainder of the term.
(h) If a member of a local board fails to attend at least 50% of the local board’s meetings during a period of twelve consecutive months:
(1) the member may be considered to have resigned; and
(2) the chairman may declare that a vacancy exists.
(i) (1) This subsection does not apply to an ex officio member of a local board.
(2) If a member of a local board is elected or appointed to political or public office:
(i) the local governing authority may consider the member to have resigned; and
(ii) the chairman shall declare that a vacancy
Meets 3rd Monday monthly except August and December at 3:30 p.m. If 3rd Monday falls on a State holiday meets the next business day, same time and location at Child Support Division Office, Alexander Building, Conference Room, 315 High Street, Chestertown, MD 21620.